Natalie Thornton - Therapeutic Massage Treatments
Aqua Dome Vitality Spa
Re-discover the perfect place to go when you are feeling the stresses of everyday life, conveniently located in the heart of Aqua Dome. The Vitality Spa is a place of deep relaxation & tranquillity, where you will be transported away from the demands of life into a soothing, calm atmosphere. The Vitality Spa offers a unique blend of hot and cold experiences which aid in cleansing, stimulating and re-vitalising the body. Why not combine a massage treatment or therapy in conjunction with the re-junvenating benefits of the Steam rooms, Saunas, Cool Pool, Heated seats & Loungers for a truly energising holistic experience.
€50 for 60 minutes *# (* Time includes consultation, client preparation and aftercare advice / # Discount for members)
€30 for 30 minutes *# (* Time includes consultation, client preparation and aftercare advice / # Discount for members)
Types of massage on offer:
- Relaxing Massage: A treatment that is designed to soothe and relax. Choose full body or back, neck & shoulder massage.
- Remedial Massage: Aids in the rehabilitation and the management of pain or injury on any of the body parts.
- Orthopaedic Massage: A multidisciplinary approach that relieves muscular & soft tissue pain, dysfunction, and injuries. It is also utilized to help clients regain and improve their health and fitness.
- Sports Injury Massage: Several techniques are applied depending on the type of injury. This massage enables us to heal faster from injuries by improving circulation to the injured area. Massage also increases flexibility and the range of motion which in turn reduces the occurrence of injuries.
- Swedish Massage: The primary goal of Swedish Massage is to relax the entire body. Using massage techniques to enhance circulation and improve the flow of lymphatic fluid (a key component of the immune system) to relax muscles overall.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Similar techniques to Swedish massage but the deeper pressure is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. The main focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints).
- Indian Head Massage: Based on an ancient Ayurvedic healing system practised in India for over 1,000 years. It is a wonderfully relaxing therapy that involves massage of the soft tissues in the upper back, shoulders, arms, neck, scalp and face. The therapist uses a range of different massage pressures and rhythms to stimulate these areas and help balance natural energies and clear any localised areas of negative tension. Benefits include higher levels of alertness and concentration and relief from tension headaches and eyestrain. However, Indian Head Massage is not just physical; it works on an emotional level also calming the spirit promoting relaxation and relieving stress. It also promotes healthy scalp and hair.
- Reiki: (with or without Massage). Reiki is a form of energy healing and the word means Universal Life Energy. Often described as palm healing or hands-on-body healing in which a practitioner places hands lightly on or over the body to facilitate the process of healing. The Reiki practitioner channels this energy through their own hands to the client where it activates the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Reiki has its own innate intelligence and it works wherever the recipient needs it most by releasing blocked energies cleansing the body of toxins and working to create a state of balance. The clothes can be left on for this treatment and the client can feel a great sense of calm and peace. Where there is an imbalance of energies the recipient may feel intense heat. A Reiki session is different for everyone and the only way to experience it is to have a session.
- Facial Massage: Aids in slowing down the aging process and achieving younger looking and healthier skin. Encourages exfoliation, cell renewal, blood circulation and lymphatic drainage thereby suitable for problem skin. Facial Massage also relieves stress, migraines or headaches, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and sinus congestion.
- Pregnancy Massage: The main focus of this massage is for prenatal care. It is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and oedema (swelling).
- Hand massage Manicure: A therapeutic treatment for the fingernails, hands and arm that promotes health of fingernails and joints. Suitable for arthritic hands and surprisingly relaxing. The ultimate de-stress. Available with or without nail shaping and cuticle work.
- Foot massage Pedicure: A therapeutic treatment of the feet and toenails. Pedicures entail care for the toenails but also include smoothing of dead skin cells off the bottom of the feet using a rough foot file. Available with or without nail shaping and cuticle work.
- Reflexology: Reflexology is based on the principal that the organs of the body are mirrored in the feet and by working on the reflex points the therapist can stimulate the body to begin healing itself and remain healthy (homeostasis). By stimulating the reflex points on the feet the therapist boosts the energy flow throughout the whole body. Reflexologists do not diagnose but at the end of a treatment are able to tell you areas that indicate a need for extra attention. A reflexology treatment is great for reducing stress increasing energy levels inducing relaxation and bringing the body back into balance.
Treatments are available between the following times:
Monday 5pm - 10pm
Tuesday 5 pm - 10pm
Wednesday 10am - 3.30pm
Thursday 4pm - 10pm
Friday 5pm - 10pm
Saturday 10am - 3.30pm
Sunday 10am - 7pm
Natalie offers a range of holistic massage & treatments which are an integral part of an approach to inner and outer health and wellbeing.
Text or call Natalie on 087 0607433 to make an appointment (please leave a voice mail as she maybe with a client).
Feel good, Look great, Be fit, Be healthy, Love Live Laugh!