The Summer of 2018 brought us some fantastic weather here in Ireland, and we’ll treasure our memories of those long, hot days as the Autumn sets in. It’s easy to enjoy family activities when the sun is shining, but it can be trickier to find activities that keep everyone entertained at other times of the year.
Here at The Aqua Dome, we can promise you a great day out, whatever the weather, and we can’t wait to see you during the colder months. It’s all about family fun here, and we know you’ll all have a brilliant time! Read on for our five favourite family activities for the Autumn.
Fun Autumn Activities For All The Family
Spending time as a family is great fun, and getting everyone involved makes for moments that you will all remember forever. Here are our favourite ways to create precious family time in the Autumn:
• Go foraging. There are few things more satisfying than creating a wonderful feast for your family with fruits and berries that you have collected yourselves. Blackberries, crab apples and plums are all excellent at this time of the year, and a walk in the country will give you the opportunity to spot free food all around you. Children love to get involved with tasty foraging opportunities, and if you’re struggling to find local treasures for free, head to a farm that offers a Pick Your Own option and let them loose with a basket!
• Make leaf pictures. Collecting natural items to make an autumn picture is a great way to share the season with your kids. They will love hunting for leaves, acorns and conkers throughout the autumn, and with some PVA glue and a bit of artistic flair, they will create autumnal masterpieces that bring the outdoors inside for everyone to enjoy.
• Discover geocaching. Geocaching is a 21st century treasure hunting game that is great fun for families, and your children will love to get involved this year. Autumn is the perfect time for tramping through the woods and exploring the countryside, and geocaching is an excellent way to encourage even the most reluctant walker to join in.
• Cook up a storm. Autumn is the season of the harvest, and it’s the perfect time to create delicious and tasty treats for your family. What could be better than a traditional roast dinner, followed by a seasonal fruit crumble? This is the best sort of autumnal feast and you can get the whole family involved in planning and cooking – and even doing the washing up afterwards!
• Visit the Aqua Dome. We know you will love our children’s pools, lazy rivers, sprays, cannons and River Rapids, and the Adults Only Vitality Spa is a treat for over 18s. We also have an 18-hole Aqua Golf Course, so you can enjoy mini-golf amongst ponds, fountains and water features, and the whole family will be keen to come back again and again so you can make it a regular day out throughout the Autumn.
Visit Us At The Aqua Dome In Tralee
When you’re planning a trip to Kerry, don’t miss the Aqua Dome Tralee! We’re open every day with no time limit to your visit, and we offer discounts for groups, students and OAPs, as well as excellent family discounts. Contact us for more information or to confirm opening times and prices, and we will look forward to welcoming you to the Aqua Dome this Autumn!