Tralee is an excellent location for a family holiday that keeps everyone smiling. With a huge range of outdoor and indoor activities for visitors of all ages, you’ll be spoilt for choice when you’re trying to decide what to do! We’re here to help with this guide to our top five family attractions in Tralee, and we hope you’ll love these exciting options as much as we do!
Visit Family Attractions In Tralee
Tralee is a fantastic destination for the whole family, and we have found it tricky to narrow down our favourites! Whatever you choose, we know you won’t be disappointed: the following five attractions have perfected the family day out:
1. The Aqua Dome. The Aqua Dome Tralee is one of Ireland’s largest waterworlds, and visitors of all ages love the great range of activities on offer. It’s the perfect attraction in all weather, and you can make the most of indoor and outdoor rapids, waves, whirlpool spas and the sky high 90m flume. Adults can relax after a visit to the pool or Aqua Dome Gym with a trip to the Adults Only Vitality Spa, complete with Himalayan rock salt infused steam room, traditional/tropical saunas, Classic steam room, plunge cool pool and heated seats and heated loungers. Even the youngest children will love the children’s pools, lazy rivers, sprays, cannons and River Rapids, and everyone will love a round of Aqua Golf, an 18 hole miniature-golf course complete with ponds, fountains and water features!
2. Bowling Buddies. Bowling is a great family activity, whatever the weather, and Bowling Buddies offers 10 pin bowling alongside excellent adventure activities at Skywalker Adventure, a unique indoor high ropes course. Make the most of your visit with refreshments in the newly refurbished cafe, and don’t miss the popular arcade!
3. The Playdium. Let’s face it, there’s no guarantee of great weather in this part of the world so it’s great to have so many exciting options for a rainy day. The Playdium is the largest soft play centre in Kerry, with facilities including climbing frames, ball pools, indoor slides, go-karts and more. Little ones will enjoy the exciting toddler area, while children up to the age of twelve can test their daring in the giant climbing zone. The Playdium is open 10am-6pm on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays.
4. Crag Cave. Crag Cave is a great destination that combines history with playtime. This ancient fossil cave system, thought to be more than a million years old, is a beautiful, natural wonderland of passages and caves to explore. You can discover the stalagmites and stalactites before retiring to the Crazy Cave soft play area with Mega Astra Slide and Funball Battle area or sampling the home cooking at the Garden Restaurant.
5. Kerry County Museum. Discover Ireland’s magical history at the Kerry County Museum, which features an interactive trail designed for children aged 5-11. Children can explore a Stone Age survival kit, discover the animals of Ireland, unearth intriguing Celtic myths, solve an archaeology puzzle and explore St Brendan’s travels. Everyone will find something to fascinate them here, and you can learn to play Viking chess, too!
Don’t Miss The Aqua Dome In Tralee
Family activities in Kerry don’t get much better than the Aqua Dome Tralee! Open every day, with longer daily hours in the summer months, and no time limit to your visit. The Aqua Dome offers discounts for groups, students and OAPs, as well as family discounts. Contact us for more information and start preparing for a fabulous family day out!