Come on down to the Aqua Dome on Saturday the 8th of June for our open day in our new treatment rooms and sample a variety of wellness treatments on offer.
There will be complimentary head, neck and shoulder, hand & arm massages available along with complimentary testing for lash dying and waxing. These treatments will be provided by Natalie Thornton and Bridget Moore of Thornton Therapies who are experienced in all aspects of health and wellness treatments.
Following on from our open day we will be offering a wide range of holistic massage therapies which will include:
- Relaxing Massage: A treatment that is designed to soothe and relax. Choose full body or back, neck & shoulder massage.
- Energetic Massage: A treatment that is designed to re-vitalise and energise the mind and body.
- Remedial Massage: Aids in the rehabilitation and the management of pain or injury on any of the body parts.
- Orthopaedic Massage: A multidisciplinary approach that relieves muscular & soft tissue pain, dysfunction, and injuries. It is also utilized to help clients regain and improve their health and fitness.
- Sports Injury Massage: Several techniques are applied depending on the type of injury. This massage enables us to heal faster from injuries by improving circulation to the injured area. Massage also increases flexibility and the range of motion which in turn reduces the occurrence of injuries.
- Swedish Massage: The primary goal of Swedish Massage is to relax the entire body. Using massage techniques to enhance circulation and improve the flow of lymphatic fluid (a key component of the immune system) to relax muscles overall.
- Deep Tissue Massage: Similar techniques to Swedish massage but the deeper pressure is beneficial in releasing chronic muscle tension. The main focus is on the deepest layers of muscle tissue, tendons and fascia (the protective layer surrounding muscles, bones and joints).
- Indian Head Massage: Based on an ancient Ayurvedic healing system practised in India for over 1,000 years. It is a wonderfully relaxing therapy that involves massage of the soft tissues in the upper back, shoulders, arms, neck, scalp and face. The therapist uses a range of different massage pressures and rhythms to stimulate these areas and help balance natural energies and clear any localised areas of negative tension. Benefits include higher levels of alertness and concentration and relief from tension headaches and eyestrain. However, Indian Head Massage is not just physical; it works on an emotional level also calming the spirit promoting relaxation and relieving stress. It also promotes healthy scalp and hair.
- Thai Yoga Massage: A treatment that is designed to aid flexibility and freedom of movement.
- Hot Stone Massage: A treatment that is designed to increase relaxation utilising heat therapy.
- Reiki: (with or without Massage). Reiki is a form of energy healing and the word means Universal Life Energy. Often described as palm healing or hands-on-body healing in which a practitioner places hands lightly on or over the body to facilitate the process of healing. The Reiki practitioner channels this energy through their own hands to the client where it activates the body’s natural ability to heal itself. Reiki has its own innate intelligence and it works wherever the recipient needs it most by releasing blocked energies cleansing the body of toxins and working to create a state of balance. The clothes can be left on for this treatment and the client can feel a great sense of calm and peace. Where there is an imbalance of energies the recipient may feel intense heat. A Reiki session is different for everyone and the only way to experience it is to have a session.
- Facial Massage: Aids in slowing down the aging process and achieving younger looking and healthier skin. Encourages exfoliation, cell renewal, blood circulation and lymphatic drainage thereby suitable for problem skin. Facial Massage also relieves stress, migraines or headaches, premenstrual syndrome (PMS) and sinus congestion.
- Pregnancy Massage: The main focus of this massage is for prenatal care. It is a healthy way to reduce stress and promote overall wellness. Massage relieves many of the normal discomforts experienced during pregnancy, such as backaches, stiff neck, leg cramps, headaches and oedema (swelling).
- Hand massage Manicure: A therapeutic treatment for the fingernails, hands and arm that promotes health of fingernails and joints. Suitable for arthritic hands and surprisingly relaxing. The ultimate de-stress. Available with or without nail shaping and cuticle work.
- Foot massage Pedicure: A therapeutic treatment of the feet and toenails. Pedicures entail care for the toenails but also include smoothing of dead skin cells off the bottom of the feet using a rough foot file. Available with or without nail shaping and cuticle work.
- Reflexology: Reflexology is based on the principal that the organs of the body are mirrored in the feet and by working on the reflex points the therapist can stimulate the body to begin healing itself and remain healthy (homeostasis). By stimulating the reflex points on the feet the therapist boosts the energy flow throughout the whole body. Reflexologists do not diagnose but at the end of a treatment are able to tell you areas that indicate a need for extra attention. A reflexology treatment is great for reducing stress increasing energy levels inducing relaxation and bringing the body back into balance.
Also on offer will be Beauty Treatments & Body Grooming tailored for both the ladies and gentlemen. Why not treat yourself to one of the following treatments and give your body a health boost:
- Eye treatments including lash and brow-dye and brow-shaping
- Hand, nail care and manicure
- Foot care and pedicure
- A range of Facial treatments
- Skin refining
- Circulation booster
- Deep cleansing
- Facial toning
- Facial rejuvenation
- Facial and body muscle toning
- Vacuum suction
The above range of holistic massage & treatments are an integral part of an approach to inner and outer health and wellbeing and we are delighted to be able to offer our customers these fantastic treatments. Text or call Natalie on 087 0607433 to make an appointment (please leave a voice mail as she maybe with a client).