The wonderful town of Tralee magnificently situated by Tralee Bay was recently showcased from the Top of the World at Everest Base Camp...5,200 meters! Centre Manager of the Aqua Dome Mags O'Sullivan said "there is no better way to showcase the beautiful town of Tralee and Tralee Bay with all it's wonderful attractions and activities than from the dizzying heights of one of the worlds highest mountains".
A new brochure 'Tralee by the Sea' was recently launched displaying all the top attractions and activity providers in Tralee which guarantee wonderful experiences and fantastic memories. Explore, Enjoy and Experience 'Tralee by the Sea' - a must Stop Destination for any tourist, traveler, holiday maker or day visitor!
Tralee By The Sea is magnificently situated at the mouth of Tralee Bay on the Wild Atlantic Way and at the foot of the impressive Slieve Mish Mountains. ‘Tralee By The Sea’ is the ideal place to experience the natural escapes of a maritime temperate climate surrounded by stunning beaches, rugged mountains & nature trails.
A stunning canal walk connects Tralee town to Tralee Bay and walkers can immerse themselves in the abundance of nature, wildlife, tidal flows and migrating birds with fabulous picturesque views along the way.
Boasting an award winning 35 acre town park, famous for its Rose Garden and Garden of the Senses it incorporates 5km of paths which are suitable for relaxing walks and safe cycles with young kids.
Tralee is also a very special place full of history, heritage, activities and world class hospitality. The people of Tralee are enthusiastic and welcoming and this enthusiasm is reflected in many of the national and international awards.
Whether you wish to enjoy fine dining or local pub grub, embrace the fantastic night life or traditional Irish music, participate in many of the local activities and attractions, indulge in retail therapy or simply relax and unwind in peaceful surroundings, ‘Tralee By The Sea’ offers something for everyone!
We hope you enjoy your stay and plan to return again another day!
National & International Awards:
- Gold Medal Winner 7 years in a row in the National Tidy Towns Competitions 2012-2018
- Gold Medal Winner in the prestigious Entente Florale– the European Tidy Towns Competition in 2015
- The European President’s award for the best European community garden in 2015
- Best large tourism town in Failte Ireland’s Tourism Annual Awards 2015
- Purple Flag award in 2017 & 2018
- ‘Most Enterprising Large Town Award for Munster’ in the Bank of Ireland National Enterprising Town Competition 2017
- Overall National Enterprising Town In Ireland in the Bank of Ireland National Enterprising Town Competition 2017